The King's School A GSG School
- The King's School
Ottery St Mary
- Head: Mr Rob Gammon
- T 01404 812982
- F 01404 815685
- E email@example.com
- W www.thekings.devon.sch.uk
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Devon
- Pupils: 1071
- Religion: Non-denominational
- Review: View The Good Schools Guide Review
- Current Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 28th March 2014
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 2nd March 2011
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What The Good Schools Guide says..
Parents are local farmers, civil servants, doctors. Many moved to be in the school’s catchment area, and haven’t regretted it. ‘This [school] really made us all feel that we belonged,’ said one. Parents of a recent leaver anonymously donated a...
What the school says...
Converted to an academy 2011.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Excellent performance by Girls taking Geography at an English Comprehensive School (GCE A level)
- Excellent performance by Girls taking Geography at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
What The Good Schools Guide saysParents are local farmers, civil servants, doctors. Many moved to be in the school’s catchment area, and haven’t regretted it. ‘This [school] really made us all feel that we belonged,’ said one. Parents of a recent leaver anonymously donated a new language lab to the school – they said the money could have been spent on a private education and they wanted to give something back...
Since September 2016, Rob Gammon, previously head of Robert Blake Science College in Somerset. He has a PE, sports science and physics degree and was deputy head at King's School before taking up his headship at Robert Blake in 2013.
In 2016, 21 per cent A*/A, 48 per cent A*-B grades at A level and 31 per cent A*-A at GCSE (72 per cent achieved 5+ A*-C grades including English...