- Worksop College
- T 01909 537100
- F 01909 537102
- E email@example.com
- W www.wsnl.co.uk
- A mainstream independent school for pupils aged from 13 to 18
- Boarding: Yes
- Local authority: Nottinghamshire
- Pupils: 406
- Religion: Church of England
- Fees: Day £15,510; Boarding £18,600 - £24,120 pa
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
- ISI report: View the ISI report
- Linked schools: Worksop College Preparatory School, Ranby House
What the school says...
Worksop College is a leading HMC independent school in Nottinghamshire offering a modern education against a background of traditional values and a Christian ethos. Set in a beautiful 300 acre estate on the edge of Sherwood Forest, Worksop College was founded in 1895 by Nathaniel Woodard with a Prep School for children aged 3 – 13 on a separate site. The school is divided into eight houses many of which are located in the magnificent main building.
We have purpose-built departments in Art, Music and Design Technology; our Sports Hall and Fitness Suite complements our two floodlit all-weather surfaces, swimming pool and squash courts as well as an eighteen-hole golf course and extensive playing fields, tennis courts, netball courts and athletics track. A full range of GCSE and AS/A2 subjects is taught with flexibility in the curriculum to deal with all abilities. An extensive academic enrichment programme and expert further education and detailed career advice are provided. There is huge scope for the Performing Arts together with extensive extra-curricular opportunities.
Above all Worksop College is a very happy school with outstanding pastoral care.
What the parents say...
No comments received for Worksop College
Do you know this school?
Please login to post a comment.
Good Schools Guide Awards
- Winner of the 2014 Good Schools Guide Award for Excellence at an English Independent School for Boys taking Chemistry (Level1/2 certificates)
- Winner of the 2014 Good Schools Guide Award for Excellence at an English Independent School for Boys taking Physics (Level1/2 certificates)
- Winner of the 2014 Good Schools Guide Award for Excellence at an English School for Boys taking Applied sciences (BTEC First Award)
- Winner of the 2014 Good Schools Guide Award for Excellence at an English School for Girls taking Biology (Level1/2 certificates)
- Winner of the 2014 Good Schools Guide Award for Excellence at an English School for Girls taking Chemistry (Level1/2 certificates)
- Winner of the 2014 Good Schools Guide Award for Excellence at an English School for Girls taking Physics (Level1/2 certificates)
Subscribe now for instant access
For instant access to available data including catchment area maps and a host of other benefits, please purchase a subscription to the Good Schools Guide.
Already subscribed? Login here.
Special Education Needs
The majority of pupils at Worksop who have special educational needs are mild to moderately dyslexic although a few have slightly more severe difficulties. All are able to cope in a normal classroom situation, although some in-class support is provided by specialist teachers. Some pupils receive additional support on a withdrawal basis, mainly one to one, according to need. A small percentage of pupils follow a slightly reduced curriculum in Years 10 and 11. In core subjects, children are taught in sets according to their ability, which allows for a slower pace of learning for less academic pupils and enables the most able to be stretched. There are a number of overseas pupils who follow the normal curriculum, although French is usually replaced by lessons in English as an Additional Language. These lessons are taught by an experienced and qualified member of staff. The school has a Health Care Centre staffed by qualified nurses.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders||Y|
|BESD - Behaviour, Emotional and Social Difficulty|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular monthly newsletter