Norwich School A GSG School
- Norwich School
70 The Close
- Head: Mr Steffan Griffiths
- T 01603 728449
- F 01603 728491
- E admissions@nor…-school.org.uk
- W www.norwich-school.org.uk
- A mainstream independent school for pupils aged from 11 to 18 with a linked junior school
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Norfolk
- Pupils: 891
- Religion: Christian
- Fees: £15,060 pa
- Open days: September, June
- Review: View The Good Schools Guide Review
- ISI report: View the ISI report
- Linked schools: Norwich Lower School
What The Good Schools Guide says..
Parents and pupils acknowledge the outstanding quality of the teachers – many are leading lights in their own disciplines and write the textbooks. A father spoke of ‘highly intelligent, motivated teaching – the pupils are lucky’. ‘It can be rather,...
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Art & Design (Graphics) at an English Independent School (GCE AS level)
- Best performance by Boys taking Art & Design (3D Studies) at an English Independent School (GCE AS level)
- Best performance by Girls taking Classical Civilisation at an English Independent School (GCSE)
All-through school (for example 3-18 years). - An all-through school covers junior and senior education. It may start at 3 or 4, or later, and continue through to 16 or 18. Some all-through schools set exams at 11 or 13 that pupils must pass to move on.
Choir school - substantial scholarships and bursaries usually available for choristers.
What The Good Schools Guide saysParents and pupils acknowledge the outstanding quality of the teachers – many are leading lights in their own disciplines and write the textbooks. A father spoke of ‘highly intelligent, motivated teaching – the pupils are lucky’. ‘It can be rather, "look at me",' said a mother, and...
Since 2011, Mr Steffan Griffiths MA (Oxon) classics, BA (Open University) English literature (40s). Educated at Whitgift School, where his father was headmaster, and had a spell at Timbertop School in Australia as a ‘Rentapom’, before Oxford. Taught classics and games at Tonbridge School, then Eton (also deputy housemaster) before returning to Oxford for appointment as usher (deputy head) of Magdalen College School. Has made a confident impression at Norwich, where his relaxed, low-key style has been welcomed all round. ’He seems right for the school now,’ commented...
Careers intervention used by this School
|EDT||First Edition with EDT|