- Acorns Primary School
- Head: Mrs Gail Beaton B.Ed
- T 01772 792681
- F 01772 654940
- E email@example.com
- W www.acorns.lancs.sch.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 2 to 11. Type of SEN provision: MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; PD - Physical Disability; PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty; SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Lancashire
- Pupils: 69
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 21st November 2012
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 21st January 2010
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
New school opened Sept 2008. Replaced Elms School and Sherburn School. A special school catering for children with a range of difficulties including physical difficulties and / or moderate, severe or profound and multiple learning difficulties.
What the parents say...
No comments received for Acorns Primary School
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
Elms is an all age school for children who have severe learning difficulties. Teaching and learning are focused upon developing each child's understanding and abilities and enhancing his or her oportunities to be successful within their immediate environment and the wider community. We pride ourselves in offering an approporiate blend between meeting individual needs through detailed teaching of programmes of study at levels appropriate to each pupil's age and abilities using a variety of teaching strategies/approaches to reflect each child's needs and the statutory requirements for the National Curriculum. Elms is a school where people are highly valued and prominence is placed on the consistent development of an individual's strengths.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability||Y|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty||Y|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.