- Albany Academy
- Head: Mr Peter Mayland
- T 01257 244020
- F 01257 244021
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.albanyacademy.co.uk
- A state school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 16.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Lancashire
- Pupils: 636
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 26th March 2014
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 26th February 2009
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Albany High is a highly regarded mixed comprehensive school. The focus is on getting the best from individual pupils, nurturing their talents, developing their personal and social skills and preparing them for the world of further education or work.
We have an outstanding art department where pupils produce a consistently high standard of work, and a variety of extra-curricula activities including a chess club, environment group, golf club and various talented sports teams. ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for Albany Academy
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.
Already subscribed? Login here.
The Good Schools Guide newsletter
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.