- Alexandra School
- Head: Mrs Perdy Buchanan-Barrow
- T 020 8864 2739
- F 020 8864 9336
- E email@example.com
- W www.alexandra-school.co.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 4 to 11. Type of SEN provision: MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Harrow
- Pupils: 79
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- Early years provision Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 9th March 2016
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 22nd March 2013
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Alexandra School
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
Alexandra School is a primary school for children with special educational needs and includes a mainstream nursery. The children have a wide variety of difficulties including developmental delay, emotional and behavioural problems, autistic spectrum disorders as well as moderate learning difficulties. We provide a friendly and caring environment in which children feel valued and secure. The curriculum is rich, broad and challenging to bring out every child's unique talents. Pupils at Alexandra have opportunities to gain skills and knowledge across the curriculum, develop self confidence and respect for others, become independent at school and in the wider world. A strong feature of the school is its positive ethos, with all staff and children working and learning together. We aim to establish and maintain very good partnerships with parents and carers because we know that children's achievement at school will be a joint effort.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health||Y|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is only available for English state schools, independent schools do not have catchment areas.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive.
September 2012 – August 2013 (2012 intake)
September 2013 - August 2014 (2013 intake)
September 2014 - August 2015 (2014 intake)
September 2015 - August 2016 (2015 intake) released 2017 currently being processed will be published September 2018
September 2016 - August 2017 (2016 intake) not currently available