- Barnwell School
- Head: Mr A Fitzpatrick Bsc Ma
- T 01438 222500
- F 01438 222 501
- E email@example.com
- W www.barnwellschool.co.uk
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Hertfordshire
- Pupils: 1182
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Requires improvement 1
- 16-19 study programmes Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Requires improvement 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Requires improvement 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 20th January 2016
- Previous Ofsted grade: Requires improvement on 11th December 2013
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Barnwell School is a two campus secondary school based in South Stevenage. We are organised by Key Stage with students in Key Stage 3 (Years 7 - 9) on West Campus and Key Stage 4 & 5 (Years 10 - 13) on East Campus.
September 2013 will see a new phase in the history of the school as we move onto a new school site following its refurbishment and additional new buildings.
Please see our website for lots of information or contact us. ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for Barnwell School
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
Special Education Needs
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Aspergers Syndrome [archived]|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders [archived]|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|Delicate Medical Problems [archived]|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class||Y|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired||Y|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|