- Bedelsford School
Kingston upon Thames
- Head: Mrs Julia James
- T 020 8546 9838
- F 020 8296 9238
- E email@example.com
- W www.bedelsford…ingston.sch.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 2 to 19. Type of SEN provision: MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment; OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability; PD - Physical Disability; PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty; SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Kingston-Upon-Thames
- Pupils: 88
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 2
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 2
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 2
- 1 Short inspection 23rd February 2016
- 2 Full inspection 26th September 2012
Short inspection reports only give an overall grade; you have to read the report itself to gauge whether the detailed grading from the earlier full inspection still stands.
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 11th February 2010
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Bedelsford School
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
Bedelsford School aims to provide a challenging environment for pupils who have a range of physical disabilities and medical conditions with associated learning difficulties. The school has experience of a wide range of genetic disorders including Rhetts Syndrome. There are unique and high quality learning experiences for pupils and we aim for excellence in provision and achievement across the Early Years, and four Key Stages. Staffing reflects the needs of nursery, primary and secondary phases. The school has adaptations and specialist equipment, which help provide the means to develop potential skills and independence for living. This is achieved through a close working relationship involving pupils, parents, governors, education and health care staff and other specialists. All parts of the school are accessible for the disabled and include general classrooms and specialist rooms for sensory experiences, resources, food technology, art/DT and science, ICT, therapies, medical room, dining, soft play and secondary common room. There is also a hydrotherapy pool, sensory garden and outside recreational areas for primary and secondary pupils.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment||Y|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability||Y|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability||Y|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty||Y|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.