Bennerley Fields Specialist Speech and Language College
- Bennerley Fields Specialist Speech and Language College
- Head: Mrs Ann Harrison
- T 0115 932 6374
- F 01159 326374
- E info@bennerleyfie….derbyshire.sch.uk
- W www.bennerleyf…rbyshire.sch.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 2 to 16. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health; SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication; SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Derbyshire
- Pupils: 85
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- Early years provision Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 29th January 2015
- Previous Ofsted grade: Requires improvement on 14th March 2013
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Bennerley Fields Specialist Speech and Language College
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
Bennerley Fields School provides day education for pupils between 2 and 16 years old. The school is divided into three departments: the diagnostic and assessment nursery, the junior and senior school. Pupils assessed in the nursery subsequently attend a variety of schools at the age of 5 years. We cater for pupils with moderate and severe learning difficulties including Autism, speech and language difficulties, visual and/or hearing impairment and BESD. Assessment of a wide range of complex needs takes place in the nursery, particularly language and communication. The school provides the full national curriculum including the foundation stage and has recently received a School Achievement Award for standards achieved. The school has the Basic Skills Quality Mark award which acknowledges the good core curriculum. The Derbyshire Anti-Bullying Commitment award confirmed the school's good practice, which Ofsted praised. Senior pupils work towards externally accredited schemes, achieving very good results; the school is one of a few special schools nationally to be Careermark accredited. Pupils leave the school at the end of Key Stage 4 and go on to a range of further education or work related opportunities. The school prioritises the five key themes in Every Child Matters; furthering these also in initiatives such as Health Promoting Schools and the schools award scheme. In 2006 Ofsted said: 'Bennerley Fields is a good school where the pupils find learning very enjoyable'. We are an Investor in People school.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health||Y|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is only available for English state schools, independent schools do not have catchment areas.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive.
September 2012 – August 2013 (2012 intake)
September 2013 - August 2014 (2013 intake)
September 2014 - August 2015 (2014 intake)
September 2015 - August 2016 (2015 intake) released 2017 currently being processed will be published September 2018
September 2016 - August 2017 (2016 intake) not currently available