- Bennerley Fields Specialist Speech and Language College
- Head: Mrs Ann Harrison
- T 0115 932 6374
- F 01159 326374
- E info@bennerleyfie….derbyshire.sch.uk
- W www.bennerleyf…rbyshire.sch.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 2 to 16. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health; SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication; SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Derbyshire
- Pupils: 85
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- Early years provision Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 29th January 2015
- Previous Ofsted grade: Requires improvement on 14th March 2013
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Bennerley Fields Specialist Speech and Language College
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
Bennerley Fields School provides day education for pupils between 2 and 16 years old. The school is divided into three departments: the diagnostic and assessment nursery, the junior and senior school. Pupils assessed in the nursery subsequently attend a variety of schools at the age of 5 years. We cater for pupils with moderate and severe learning difficulties including Autism, speech and language difficulties, visual and/or hearing impairment and BESD. Assessment of a wide range of complex needs takes place in the nursery, particularly language and communication. The school provides the full national curriculum including the foundation stage and has recently received a School Achievement Award for standards achieved. The school has the Basic Skills Quality Mark award which acknowledges the good core curriculum. The Derbyshire Anti-Bullying Commitment award confirmed the school's good practice, which Ofsted praised. Senior pupils work towards externally accredited schemes, achieving very good results; the school is one of a few special schools nationally to be Careermark accredited. Pupils leave the school at the end of Key Stage 4 and go on to a range of further education or work related opportunities. The school prioritises the five key themes in Every Child Matters; furthering these also in initiatives such as Health Promoting Schools and the schools award scheme. In 2006 Ofsted said: 'Bennerley Fields is a good school where the pupils find learning very enjoyable'. We are an Investor in People school.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health||Y|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.