- Blackfriars Academy
- Head: Mrs Alison Parr
- T 01782 987151
- F 01782 297784
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W blackfriars.set-mat.co.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 19. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment; PD - Physical Disability; PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty; SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health; SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication; SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Staffordshire
- Pupils: 187
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 17th January 2013
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 12th March 2009
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Blackfriars Academy
Please login to post a comment.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Excellent performance by Girls taking Cookery Domestic at an English Comprehensive School (BTEC Award Level 1)
Special Education Needs
Blackfriars is a school for pupils with physical and medical conditions. Some pupils have complex needs with related learning and/or sensory impairment. Some pupils have communication difficulties which are addressed through various levels of augmentive and assistive technology. Current age range is from 2-21 years. It is a split site establishment, with the post 16 provision 6 miles away. Blackfriars is a specialist school for technology as well as a Leading Edge School. There are approximately 180 pupils on roll with a catchment area covering the whole of North Staffordshire and, as a Key Learning Centre, supports an equal number of pupils with physical impairment within the mainstream sector.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment||Y|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability||Y|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty||Y|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health||Y|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.