- Blackfriars Academy
- Head: Mrs Alison Parr
- T 01782 987151
- F 01782 297784
- E [email protected]
- W blackfriars.set-mat.co.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 19. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment; PD - Physical Disability; PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty; SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health; SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication; SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Staffordshire
- Pupils: 187
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 2
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 2
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 2
- 1 Short inspection 26th September 2017
- 2 Full inspection 17th January 2013
Short inspection reports only give an overall grade; you have to read the report itself to gauge whether the detailed grading from the earlier full inspection still stands.
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 12th March 2009
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Blackfriars Academy
Please login to post a comment.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Excellent performance by Girls taking Cookery Domestic at an English Comprehensive School (BTEC Award Level 1)
Special Education Needs
Blackfriars is a school for pupils with physical and medical conditions. Some pupils have complex needs with related learning and/or sensory impairment. Some pupils have communication difficulties which are addressed through various levels of augmentive and assistive technology. Current age range is from 2-21 years. It is a split site establishment, with the post 16 provision 6 miles away. Blackfriars is a specialist school for technology as well as a Leading Edge School. There are approximately 180 pupils on roll with a catchment area covering the whole of North Staffordshire and, as a Key Learning Centre, supports an equal number of pupils with physical impairment within the mainstream sector.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment||Y|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability||Y|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty||Y|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health||Y|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is only available for English state schools, independent schools do not have catchment areas.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive.
September 2012 – August 2013 (2012 intake)
September 2013 - August 2014 (2013 intake)
September 2014 - August 2015 (2014 intake)
September 2015 - August 2016 (2015 intake) released 2017 currently being processed will be published September 2018
September 2016 - August 2017 (2016 intake) not currently available