- Calthorpe Teaching Academy
- Head: Mr Richard Chapman
- T 0121 773 4637
- F 01217 730708
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.calthorpe.bham.sch.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 2 to 19.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Birmingham
- Pupils: 389
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Inadequate 1
- 16-19 study programmes Inadequate 1
- Early years provision Inadequate 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Requires improvement 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Requires improvement 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Inadequate 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Inadequate 1
- 1 Full inspection 28th April 2016
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 14th November 2013
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Calthorpe Teaching Academy
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
Special Education Needs
We are a specialist sports college. School caters for pupils with severe/profound, complex needs, autism and sensory difficulties. Our well qualified and experienced team have the capacity to support the needs of students utilising the exceptional facilites at the school. Satellite provision is provided in mainstream secondary and colleges of FE.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders||Y|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory||Y|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.