- Chorley Astley Park School
- Head: Mr Kieran Welsh
- T 01257 262227
- F 01257 269 074
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.astleypark.lancs.sch.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 4 to 16. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; HI - Hearing Impairment; MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment; SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health; SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication; SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty; VI - Visual Impairment.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Lancashire
- Pupils: 163
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 15th November 2012
- Previous Ofsted grade: Satisfactory on 14th January 2010
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Chorley Astley Park School
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
The Good Schools Guide writes: Astley Park is a co-educational day school catering for students who have a broad spectrum of learning difficulties. Most students have a statement of special educational needs. The school is supported in its work by Speech and Language Therapists and regular input from Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, the Educational Psychological Service and a trained counsellor.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment||Y|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment||Y|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health||Y|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment||Y|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is only available for English state schools, independent schools do not have catchment areas.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive.
September 2012 – August 2013 (2012 intake)
September 2013 - August 2014 (2013 intake)
September 2014 - August 2015 (2014 intake)
September 2015 - August 2016 (2015 intake) released 2017 currently being processed will be published September 2018
September 2016 - August 2017 (2016 intake) not currently available