- Durham Community Business College for Technology and Enterprise
- Head: Ms Alison Jobling
- T 0191 373 0336
- F 01913 730710
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W durhamfederation.net
- A state school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 16.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Durham
- Pupils: 343
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Inadequate 1
- 16-19 study programmes Inadequate 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Inadequate 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Inadequate 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Inadequate 1
- 1 Full inspection 18th September 2014
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 16th February 2011
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
In September 2005 we became the first Business, Technology and Enterprise College in the country.
What the parents say...
No comments received for Durham Community Business College for Technology and Enterprise
Please login to post a comment.
2016 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking Environmental Science at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE Full Course)
Special Education Needs
Deerness Valley School is fully committed to the Inclusion Agenda and those students with Special Educational Needs. Its approach to SEN is one which encompasses the full range of need, from learning and behaviour needs to medical, physical, social and emotional needs. Every student is unique and individual and deserves to be treated with respect and with care for these needs. Deerness Valley School has strong links with external agencies to ensure that students' needs are met and has its own purpose built Social Inclusion Centre from which multi-agency liaison is managed.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability||Y|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is only available for English state schools, independent schools do not have catchment areas.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive.
September 2012 – August 2013 (2012 intake)
September 2013 - August 2014 (2013 intake)
September 2014 - August 2015 (2014 intake)
September 2015 - August 2016 (2015 intake) released 2017 currently being processed will be published September 2018
September 2016 - August 2017 (2016 intake) not currently available