Elmhurst Ballet School A GSG School
- Elmhurst Ballet School
249 Bristol Road
- Head: Mrs Jessica Wheeler
- T 0121 472 6655
- F 01214 726654
- E email@example.com
- W www.elmhurstdance.co.uk
- A mainstream independent school for pupils aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: Yes
- Local authority: Birmingham
- Pupils: 188
- Religion: Non-denominational
- Fees: Day £18,378 - £19,047; Boarding £23,556 - £25,395 pa
- Open days: Entry by audition; see website for details
- Review: View The Good Schools Guide Review
- ISI report: View the ISI report
What The Good Schools Guide says..
Students move around the corridors as though they are still on stage. They are graceful, hold themselves beautifully and even when they are chatting outside a maths classroom manage to group themselves as though in a corps de ballet. Most of the time they are either in dancewear or track suits in which they naturally look elegant and purposeful...
What the school says...
At Elmhurst we offer the highest standard of dance training, combined with a strong academic education and a caring environment.
Our dance faculty, under the artistic leadership of Robert Parker, formerly Birmingham Royal Ballet, consists of former professional dancers with international experience, who share with students their professional technique and extensive repertoire. ...Read more
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Dance at an English Independent School (GCSE)
- Best performance by Girls taking Dance at an English Independent School (GCSE)
2016 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking English Language at an English Independent School (Cambridge Int Certificate Level 1/Level 2)
- Best performance by Girls taking Dance at an English Independent School (GCSE Full Course)
Music and dance scheme - government funding and grants available to help with fees at selected independent music and dance schools.
Performing arts specialist school
What The Good Schools Guide says
Since 2010, Jessica Wheeler BA NPQH (30s). There can’t be many people in the world, never mind the UK, who combine professional dance experience with top notch educational management expertise. But Elmhurst has found it. Laban trained, she then became resident with the Laban dance company. Moved into teaching as freelance and guest teacher. Tough London comprehensive that employed her to teach dance spotted the charisma, energy and determination and she was fast-tracked to assistant headship before moving with a team of super fixers to work magic in one of the worst schools in London.
Aspirations since arriving at Elmhurst are to make it the dance school of choice in the UK and beyond. Her vision is a holistic one – to ensure talented dancers are also healthy and wise...