- Friars Academy
- Head: Mrs Suzzanne Ijewsky Bed (Hons) Npqh
- T 01933 304950
- F 01933 304951
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.friarsacademy.org
- A special state school for pupils aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Northamptonshire
- Pupils: 147
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- 16-19 study programmes Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 5th June 2015
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 12th July 2011
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Friars Academy
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Independent Living at an English Comprehensive School (ELQ Band B)
- Best performance by Girls taking Independent Living at an English Comprehensive School (ELQ Band B)
- Excellent performance by Girls taking Sports Leadership at an English Comprehensive School (VRQ Level 1)
Special Education Needs
Friars Academy is a community school providing for pupils with special needs. These are mainly moderate learning difficulties, although some have severe learning difficulties and autistic spectrum disorders. All pupils have a statement of special educational needs/EHC Plan.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory||Y|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability||Y|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.