- Friars Academy
- Head: Mrs Suzzanne Ijewsky Bed (Hons) Npqh
- T 01933 304950
- F 01933 304951
- E [email protected]
- W www.friarsacademy.org
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 18. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Northamptonshire
- Pupils: 150
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- 16-19 study programmes Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 5th June 2015
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 12th July 2011
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Friars Academy
Please login to post a comment.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Independent Living at an English Comprehensive School (ELQ Band B)
- Best performance by Girls taking Independent Living at an English Comprehensive School (ELQ Band B)
- Excellent performance by Girls taking Sports Leadership at an English Comprehensive School (VRQ Level 1)
Special Education Needs
Friars Academy is a community school providing for pupils with special needs. These are mainly moderate learning difficulties, although some have severe learning difficulties and autistic spectrum disorders. All pupils have a statement of special educational needs/EHC Plan.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is only available for English state schools, independent schools do not have catchment areas.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive.
September 2012 – August 2013 (2012 intake)
September 2013 - August 2014 (2013 intake)
September 2014 - August 2015 (2014 intake)
September 2015 - August 2016 (2015 intake) released 2017 currently being processed will be published September 2018
September 2016 - August 2017 (2016 intake) not currently available