- Hylands School
- Head: Mr Andrew Parry
- T 01245 266766
- F 01245 252570
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.hylands-tkat.org
- A state school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 18.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Essex
- Pupils: 780
- Religion: None
- Open days: Annually in September
- Latest Overall effectiveness Requires improvement 1
- 16-19 study programmes Requires improvement 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Requires improvement 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Requires improvement 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Inadequate 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Requires improvement 1
- 1 Full inspection 8th November 2017
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 13th March 2013
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Hylands School is a 11-18 years co-educational Comprehensive School and 6th Form College situated on the western outskirts of the County City of Chelmsford, close to the ancient village of Writtle. There are presently 700 pupils on roll, students benefit from the added advantage of small class sizes. The school occupies a large site with extensive playing fields and grounds. Hylands is part of The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT), an umbrella organisation which supports like-minded and aspiring academy schools. Although no longer a specialist facility, the school continues to maintain a strong focus toward Maths and Science, where GCSE double and triple award courses are available as well as BTEC. It typically admits students from a catchment range within urban and semi-rural areas in and bordering Chelmsford. In 6th form, the majority student roll is formed from students rising from our existing Year 11. ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for Hylands School
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.