- Mowbray School
- Head: Mr Jonathan Tearle
- T 01677 422446
- F 01677 426056
- E email@example.com
- W www.mowbrayschool.co.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 2 to 16. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; HI - Hearing Impairment; MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; PD - Physical Disability; SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health; SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication; SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty; SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty; VI - Visual Impairment.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: North Yorkshire
- Pupils: 196
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 30th January 2013
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 3rd February 2010
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Mowbray School
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
Like many special schools, Mowbray is changing to meeting the needs of very complex pupils; currently we are seeing a rise in admissions of ASD pupils and in particular children with Asperger's. To accommodate such children, we work in partnership with local mainstream schools, this allows pupils to access a variety of GCSE courses at those schools, with specialist staffing support. We have created a specialist ASD resource for very complex primary aged pupils, run by staff with high expertise in this area. Currently 25 per cent of our pupils have ASD. We are also seeing a rise in pupils with emotional difficulties, this affects their educational attainment, but not necessarily their cognitive abilities; their needs are enhanced through individual learning programmes, college courses and work placements. We have partnerships with the Speech and Language Resource which educates 30 primary aged pupils of whom approximately 75 per cent successfully return to mainstream education by secondary transfer. The school is in a beautiful part of the world and is resourced and equipped to a very high standard. Parents are most welcome to contact the headteacher, who will be happy to discuss our provision with you and show you around our school.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment||Y|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability||Y|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health||Y|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty||Y|
|VI - Visual Impairment||Y|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.