- Oswaldtwistle White Ash School
- Head: Mr Mark Montgomery
- T 01254 235772
- F 01254 385 652
- E email@example.com
- W www.whiteash.lancs.sch.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 2 to 11. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; HI - Hearing Impairment; MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment; PD - Physical Disability; PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty; SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health; SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty; VI - Visual Impairment.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Lancashire
- Pupils: 94
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- Early years provision Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 14th January 2015
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 24th May 2012
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Oswaldtwistle White Ash School
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
Special Education Needs
White Ash School provides a happy, stable, caring environment, founded on respect for the essential warmth and human dignity of all of its members, regardless of sex, colour, race or creed. Our school provides stimulating and challenging opportunities for the development of the whole child and the acquisition of skills for life. It ensures an appropriate curriculum, with evidence of learning and progress in order to seek the highest possible standard for each individual, always recognising and rewarding effort and achievement. Shared aims are fostered by the school attaching a high priority to strong links and good relationships between school, home, other agencies and the wider community. The school aims to provide a curriculum that is broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated to the needs of each individual student. There is a strong emphasis in the school curriculum on the teaching of communication, movement and social skills. White Ash has links, for inclusion purposes, with mainstream schools in the Oswaldtwistle area both in the primary and secondary phases of education.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment||Y|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment||Y|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability||Y|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty||Y|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health||Y|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment||Y|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.