Samuel Pepys School
- Samuel Pepys School
- Head: Ms Joanne Hardwick
- T 01480 375012
- F 01480 375014
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.samuelpepys.cambs.sch.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 2 to 19. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication; SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Cambridgeshire
- Pupils: 102
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- 16-19 study programmes Good 1
- Early years provision Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 3rd October 2014
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 21st March 2012
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Samuel Pepys School
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
Our Aims are to: · Promote personal, social and independence skills at all levels · Develop communication skills · Ensure all students realise their academic potential · Prepare students for a life after school in which they can participate fully with a strong sense of personal identity. The majority of our pupils have severe learning difficulties. This means that we help them to achieve progress along the ‘P’ Scales towards Level 1 of the National Curriculum. Improving communication and social skills is a priority and our pupils have regular access to a range of professionals to meet a variety of needs. Many of our children and young people have complex or profound and multiple learning difficulties. Often these pupils are largely dependent on adults for communication, self-care and mobility. Some may have a range of learning difficulties including the need to use augmentative and alternative communication systems.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is only available for English state schools, independent schools do not have catchment areas.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive.
September 2012 – August 2013 (2012 intake)
September 2013 - August 2014 (2013 intake)
September 2014 - August 2015 (2014 intake)
September 2015 - August 2016 (2015 intake) released 2017 currently being processed will be published September 2018
September 2016 - August 2017 (2016 intake) not currently available