- Shiney Row Primary School
Rear South View
Houghton le Spring
Tyne and Wear
- Head: Mr Paul Ashton
- T 0191 385 2701
- F 01913 823 090
- E shiney.row.primar….sunderland.gov.uk
- W www.shineyrowschool.org.uk
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 3 to 11
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Sunderland
- Pupils: 283
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 21st September 2012
- Previous Ofsted grade: Satisfactory on 28th September 2010
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
The school is part of Monument Consortium, made up of 5 Primary Schools working together to enhance provision within the local area.
What the parents say...
No comments received for Shiney Row Primary School
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
Special Education Needs
Our school is an inclusive school, housed within an old Victorian Building. We have daycare and out of school provision on site and are open for 50 weeks of each year.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders||Y|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.