- Sir Charles Parsons School
Tyne and Wear
- Head: Mrs Karen Hamilton
- T 0191 295 2280
- F 01912 638897
- E admin@sircharlesp…n.newcastle.sch.uk
- W www.scp.newcastle.sch.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 19. Type of SEN provision: PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty; SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Pupils: 162
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- 16-19 study programmes Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 19th March 2015
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 11th June 2010
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Sir Charles Parsons School is a successful secondary special school serving Newcastle upon Tyne LEA. Occasionally, places are made available for students from other, neighbouring, local authorities. The school enjoys Investors in People status and is bidding for status as a Humanities Specialist School during 2005/6.
What the parents say...
No comments received for Sir Charles Parsons School
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
Sir Charles Parsons School provides places for students aged 11-19 with severe and profound and multiple learning difficulties. Students often have associated speech and language disorders and for that reason the school provides a total communication environment where augmentative forms of communication including signing and symbols are in routine use. Many students have a physical impairement, often resulting from cerebral palsy, and many have hearing and sight impairment. The school will take possession of a new £1.5 million therapy pool in the spring of 2006 and the rest of its premises will be re-built during the next three or four years.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty||Y|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.