- St Mary's School and 6th Form College
- Head: Mrs Amanda Clugston
- T 01424 730740
- F 01424 733575
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.stmarysbexhill.org
- A special independent school for pupils aged from 7 to 19
- Boarding: Yes
- Local authority: East Sussex
- Pupils: 71
- Religion: Inter- / non- denominational
- Fees: Day from £30,000; boarding from £55,000 pa
- Latest Overall effectiveness Requires improvement 1
- 16-19 study programmes Requires improvement 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Requires improvement 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Requires improvement 1
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 21st January 2016
- Previous Ofsted grade: Inadequate on 14th November 2014
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
St Marys works with young people and their families to ensure children and young people and their learning are at the heart of our thinking. We provide a safe, secure and caring environment which fosters relationships based on respect, mutual trust and understanding of difference. St Mary's delivers a stimulating, creative and engaging curriculum that is both accessible and challenging for all our children and young people, which develops their skills, abilities and talents and prepares them for adult life. ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for St Mary's School and 6th Form College
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Self Development at an English Independent School (ELQ Band B)
Special Education Needs
St Mary's is a registered charity. It is a Children's Trust dedicated to educating and caring for young people between 7 and 19 years of age, all of whom have complex needs. The trust has a school (7-16), a college (16-19) and is also involved in outreach work and assessments. All our young people are within the moderate learning difficulties (MLD) range and have particular needs in regard to Speech/Language difficulties, autism, physical disabilities and complex medical conditions, all of which are met by an experienced education, therapy, care and nursing staff. St Mary's is a DfES approved Non Maintained Special School. Nov 09
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class||Y|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired||Y|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.