- Stephen Hawking School
- Head: Dr Matthew Rayner
- T 020 7423 9848
- F 02074 239 878
- E admin@stephenhawk…owerhamlets.sch.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 2 to 11. Type of SEN provision: SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Tower Hamlets
- Pupils: 100
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 2
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 2
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 2
- 1 Short inspection 23rd February 2016
- 2 Full inspection 6th March 2013
Short inspection reports only give an overall grade; you have to read the report itself to gauge whether the detailed grading from the earlier full inspection still stands.
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 18th March 2010
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for Stephen Hawking School
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
We are a special school catering primarily for pupils with profound & multiple learning difficulties (PMLD). Pupils with severe learning difficulties (SLD)are also accepted. We provide advice and an outreach service for mainstream schools in Tower Hamlets. Our staff are highly experienced and qualified with a number of teachers holding a cutting edge qualification in supporting pupils with MSI (multi-sensory impairment). We have full-time nurses from the Community Children's Nursing Team based on site together with speech therapists, occupational therapists and physiotherapists.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.