The Dales School
- The Dales School
- Head: Mrs Ann-Marie Ellis
- T 01609 772932
- F 01609 766534
- E [email protected]
- W www.thedalesschool.org
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 2 to 19. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; PD - Physical Disability; PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty; SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health; SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: North Yorkshire
- Pupils: 51
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 7th November 2013
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 15th December 2010
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for The Dales School
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
The Good Schools Guide write: The Dales school is a special school for children with severe and complex learning needs, all pupils have a statement of special educational needs. Pupils are referred by North Yorkshire LEA. The schools (helpful and informative)website states: 'Any assessment will include advice from an educational psychologist, a medical officer, the school and other appropriate professionals, such as a speech therapist. Assessments have to be carried out with the knowledge and participation of parents and no decision regarding placement is made without parental consent.' The school has its own complement of teaching assistants and draws on a variety of services from the LEA pupil support services, these include occupational and physiotherapy.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability||Y|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty||Y|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health||Y|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is only available for English state schools, independent schools do not have catchment areas.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive.
September 2012 – August 2013 (2012 intake)
September 2013 - August 2014 (2013 intake)
September 2014 - August 2015 (2014 intake)
September 2015 - August 2016 (2015 intake) released 2017 currently being processed will be published September 2018
September 2016 - August 2017 (2016 intake) not currently available