The Jane Lane School, A College for Cognition & Learning
- The Jane Lane School, A College for Cognition & Learning
- Head: Mr Tony Milovsorov
- T 01922 721161
- F 01922 631695
- E [email protected]
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 7 to 19. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty; PD - Physical Disability; SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health; SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication; SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty; VI - Visual Impairment.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Walsall
- Pupils: 128
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 6th March 2014
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 14th June 2011
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for The Jane Lane School, A College for Cognition & Learning
Please login to post a comment.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Humanities: Single at an English Comprehensive School (ELQ Band B)
- Best performance by Girls taking Humanities: Single at an English Comprehensive School (ELQ Band B)
Special Education Needs
Jane Lane is a caring school, catering for children with Moderate Learning Difficulties. We are an all-age school, taking pupils between the ages of 4 and 16 years. We also have provision for senior pupils who may choose to stay on to follow a Post-16 programme, should their levels of development indicate that they would benefit by doing so. Every pupil has been assessed and now has a Statement of his/her Special Educational Needs. In one or two cases, pupils enter the School while the process of assessment is still being carried out. This is usually the case when the family has recently moved into the area from elsewhere.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability||Y|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health||Y|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication||Y|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty||Y|
|VI - Visual Impairment||Y|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is only available for English state schools, independent schools do not have catchment areas.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive.
September 2012 – August 2013 (2012 intake)
September 2013 - August 2014 (2013 intake)
September 2014 - August 2015 (2014 intake)
September 2015 - August 2016 (2015 intake) released 2017 currently being processed will be published September 2018
September 2016 - August 2017 (2016 intake) not currently available