- The Mark Way School
Batchelors Barn Road
- Head: Sonia Longstaff-Bishop Ma Ba Certed
- T 01264 351835
- F 01264 366276
- E email@example.com
- W www.markway.hants.sch.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 16. Type of SEN provision: ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder; MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Hampshire
- Pupils: 71
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 8th May 2014
- Previous Ofsted grade: Satisfactory on 26th June 2012
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for The Mark Way School
Please login to post a comment.
Special Education Needs
The Good Schools Guide writes: The Mark Way School caters for pupils with a range of special needs including, moderate learing difficulties, autistic spectrum disorders, attention deficit (hyperactivity) difficulties, specific learning difficulties, epilepsy, Fragile X, semantic pragmatic disorder and Prader-Willi syndrome. Speech and language and occupational therapies are available. TEACCH, social stories, and social use of language programmes are used if appropriate. Pupils follow the national curriculum sudying to GCSE or entry level where appropriate. Pupils also participate in work experience, life skills and PSHE programmes. The school has specialist facilities for (among others) design & technology, art, science, ICT, and food technology. The school has been awarded Investors in People status.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.