- The Sutton School and Specialist College
Scotts Green Close
Russells Hall Estate
- Head: Mr Daryl Charles
- T 01384 818670
- F 01384 818671
- E email@example.com
- W www.sutton.dudley.sch.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 16. Type of SEN provision: MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Dudley
- Pupils: 138
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Good 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Good 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Good 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Good 1
- 1 Full inspection 25th September 2013
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 16th February 2011
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the parents say...
No comments received for The Sutton School and Specialist College
Please login to post a comment.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking Hairdressing Services at an English Comprehensive School (BTEC Certificate Level 1)
2016 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking Speech & Drama at an English Comprehensive School (BTEC Certificate Level 1)
Special Education Needs
The Good Schools Guide writes: Sutton Special School caters primarily for children with moderate learning difficulties. A number of pupils have additional needs including autistic spectrum disorder, and sensory impairment. The school has a number of awards including Investors in People and Healthy Schools Awards. All pupils have a statement of special educational needs.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty||Y|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
Catchment is only available for English state schools, independent schools do not have catchment areas.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive.
September 2012 – August 2013 (2012 intake)
September 2013 - August 2014 (2013 intake)
September 2014 - August 2015 (2014 intake)
September 2015 - August 2016 (2015 intake) released 2017 currently being processed will be published September 2018
September 2016 - August 2017 (2016 intake) not currently available