- Wigston Birkett House Community Special School
- Head: Mrs Sue Horn
- T 0116 288 5802
- F 01162 571932
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.birketthou…e.leics.sch.uk
- A state special school for boys and girls aged from 4 to 19. Type of SEN provision: SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Leicestershire
- Pupils: 176
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- 16-19 study programmes Outstanding 1
- Early years provision Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 14th May 2015
- Previous Ofsted grade: Requires improvement on 20th June 2013
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Birkett House School is a 115 place, all age, special school for children with severe learning disabilities, profound and multiple learning disabilities, autism and sensory impairment. The school has a commitment toward inclusion and currently all three sections (primary, middle and seniors) have some connections with mainstream schools in the locality. The school serves South Leicestershire and takes children and young people from beyond its catchment area.
Birkett House had a highly successful OFSTED Report in 2010 and is on HMCI's list of particularly effective schools. ...Read more
What the parents say...
No comments received for Wigston Birkett House Community Special School
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
Special Education Needs
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty||Y|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.