Wirral Grammar School for Girls
- Wirral Grammar School for Girls
- Head: Mrs Elaine Cogan
- T 0151 644 8282
- F 01516 431332
- E [email protected]
- W www.wirralgirls.co.uk
- A state school for girls aged from 11 to 18.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Wirral
- Pupils: 1184
- Religion: Does not apply
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- 16-19 study programmes Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 9th January 2008
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What the school says...
Entrance examination consists of: 11 2x verbal reasoning.
Past papers available upon request.
Converted to an academy 2011.
This is not currently a GSG-reviewed school.
Do you know this school?
Please login to post a comment.
State grammar school
Overall school performance (for comparison or review only)
Results by exam and subject
Special Education Needs
We have excellent provision for the visually impaired as we are the designated school in our area for female pupils who have passed the 11+ examination. We have good access for pupils in wheelchairs; there are lifts and platform lifts to all areas of the school. In our most recent Ofsted report, the overall evaluation stated: 'Procedures for identifying and making provision for gifted and talented pupils and the few with special educational needs, are exemplary.' Because of our status as a grammar school, we have no pupils with learning difficulties and only a very few pupils with mild specific learning difficulties.
Interpreting catchment maps
The maps show in colour where the pupils at a school came from*. Red = most pupils to Blue = fewest.
For help and explanation of our catchment maps see: Catchment maps explained
The 'hotter' the colour the more children have been admitted.
Children get into the school from here:
sometimes, but not in this year