Lycee Français Charles de Gaulle A GSG School
- Lycee Français Charles de Gaulle
35 Cromwell Road
- T 020 7584 6322
- F 020 7823 7684
- E inscription@ly…rancais.org.uk
- W www.lyceefrancais.org.uk
- A mainstream independent school for pupils aged from 4 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Kensington & Chelsea
- Pupils: 4,069
- Religion: Non-denominational
- Fees: up to £10,890 pa
- Review: View the Good Schools Guide Review
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
- Linked schools: Lycee Français Charles de Gaulle (British Section), Ecole de South Kensington (Primary School of the Lycee Français)
Sign up for extra content from Lycee Français Charles de Gaulle
What the Good Schools Guide says...
The appeal of the French bacc is its strong global reputation, with its slavish commitment to developing intellectual rigour. But it’s hard work, rigid, requires lots of memorisation and absorbing of new information. ‘The French system crams knowledge into your brain – and we know the brain is a muscle that can be stretched,’ says one French parent...
What the school says...
Entrance criteria as follows: 4 - will accept any French children, very few for non-french (brothers and sisters). 4 - 11 priority to any child who has started their education in the French system, at home or abroad - to allow them continuation. 14 Few places to study GCSEs as priority is given to pupils already in the school. 16 Some places for the sixth form. French test compulsory - all pupils in the British Section must do French A-Level.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking French at an English Independent School (GCE A level)
- Excellent performance by Boys taking French at an English Independent School (GCE A level)
- Best performance by Boys taking French at an English Independent School (GCE AS level)
- Best performance by Girls taking French at an English Independent School (GCE AS level)
- Best performance by Girls taking Spanish at an English Independent School (GCE AS level)
Subscribe now for instant access to read The Good Schools Guide review.
Already subscribed? Login here.
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.