Hockerill Anglo-European College A GSG School
- Hockerill Anglo-European College
- Head: Mr Richard Markham
- T 01279 658451
- F 01279 755918
- E email@example.com
- W www.hockerill.herts.sch.uk
- A mainstream state school for pupils aged from 11 to 19
- Boarding: Yes
- Local authority: Hertfordshire
- Pupils: 834
- Religion: Non-denominational
- Fees: Day Boarder £ 6,036; Boarding £11,331 - £15,330 pa
- Open days: Year 7 September; Year 12 November
- Review: View the Good Schools Guide Review
- Current Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 3rd December 2007
- Previous Ofsted grade: Outstanding on 3rd December 2007
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
Sign up for extra content from Hockerill Anglo-European College
What the Good Schools Guide says...
The IB requires a mood of involvement and pupils here lap this up, with over 70 popular clubs which run on weekdays from 4-5pm, including fencing, public speaking, knitting and dance. ‘Younger students really get stuck in, trying new things out before they find where their interests lie,’ said one student. Given the global theme of the school, it will come as no surprise that there are some impressive international trips......Read more
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Japanese at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
- Best performance by Girls taking History at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
- Best performance by Girls taking Italian at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
- Best performance by Girls taking Japanese at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
- Excellent performance by Boys taking Drama & Theatre Studies at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
- Excellent performance by Boys taking French at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
- Excellent performance by Boys taking Italian at an English Comprehensive School (GCSE)
International Baccalaureate: diploma - the diploma is the familiar A-level equivalent.
International Baccalaureate: middle years - middle Years is a programme for ages 11-16.
State boarding school
Subscribe now for instant access to read The Good Schools Guide review.
Already subscribed? Login here.
Special Education Needs
A SENCO and small learning support facility for students with relatively mild SEN.
|Condition||Provision for in school|
|ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder||Y|
|Aspergers Syndrome [archived]|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders||Y|
|Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders [archived]|
|CReSTeD registered for Dyslexia|
|Delicate Medical Problems [archived]|
|English as an additional language (EAL)|
|Has an entry in the Autism Services Directory|
|Has SEN unit or class|
|HI - Hearing Impairment|
|MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty|
|MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment|
|Natspec Specialist Colleges|
|OTH - Other Difficulty/Disability|
|Other SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|PD - Physical Disability|
|PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty|
|SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health|
|SLCN - Speech, Language and Communication|
|SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty|
|Special facilities for Visually Impaired|
|SpLD - Specific Learning Difficulty|
|VI - Visual Impairment|
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.