Beaconsfield High School A GSG School
- Beaconsfield High School
- Head: Mrs Rachel Smith
- T 01494 673043
- F 01494 670715
- E enquiries@beacons…dhigh.bucks.sch.uk
- W www.beaconsfie…h.bucks.sch.uk
- A mainstream state school for girls aged from 11 to 18
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Buckinghamshire
- Pupils: 2000
- Religion: Non-denominational
- Review: View The Good Schools Guide Review
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- 16-19 study programmes Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 3rd May 2007
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What The Good Schools Guide says..
School has confidently inched its way up the league tables, currently in top 30 of best performing state schools in the country and now quietly outperforming all local competitors – without the...
What the school says...
Entrance examinations consist of: 11 - 3 VR tests administered by local LEA. Tests approved by school governors may also be administered in exceptional circumstances.
Practice papers given.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking Design & Technology Food Technology at an English Grammar School (GCSE)
State grammar school
What The Good Schools Guide says
Since September 2015, Mrs Rachel Smith, previously deputy head at Langley Grammar. English degree from Sheffield and masters in educational leadership from Roehampton. Has also been head of English at Robert May's School in Hampshire and vice principal of Kings College for the Arts and Technology in Surrey. Enjoys scuba diving.
School has confidently inched its way up the league tables, currently in top 30 of best performing state schools in the country and now quietly outperforming all local competitors – without the hothouse reputation, or bookish atmosphere, of some. Forty-five per cent of all A levels graded A*/A in 2016 (75 per cent A*-B). Top performing subjects are maths (‘extraordinary’ and ‘an extremely well run department'), English literature and the sciences (pupils’ favourite), with 60 students taking biology to A2 level in 2016...
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.
Already subscribed? Login here.
Careers intervention used by this School
|Adviza||Careers information, advice & guidance|