Chesham Grammar School A GSG School
- Chesham Grammar School
- Head: Ms Annmarie McNaney Ba Hons
- T 01494 782854
- F 01494 775414
- E email@example.com
- W www.cheshamgrammar.org
- A state school for boys and girls aged from 11 to 18.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Buckinghamshire
- Pupils: 1260; sixth formers: 390
- Religion: Does not apply
- Review: View The Good Schools Guide Review
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 13th March 2014
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 12th February 2009
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What The Good Schools Guide says..
In the south Bucks microcosm of pushy parents, competitive children and a focus on academic excellence at any cost, here you will also find an overwhelmingly kind, nurturing and in many ways relaxed school, coupled with a clear focus on excellence and getting pupils to achieve their very best. Steadily climbing the local academic ladder without having to jeopardise its pupils’ happiness - in the words of one parent: ‘I decided I wanted my daughter to come out of school with her mental health intact...'
What the school says...
Entrance examination consists of CEM 11+ test administered on behalf of all Bucks grammar schools by local authority.
Previously Chesham High School, converted to an academy 2011.
What the parents say...
No comments received for Chesham Grammar School
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
2015 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Boys taking Art & Design at an English Grammar School (GCE AS level)
- Best performance by Girls taking Home Economics: Food at an English Grammar School (GCSE)
2016 Good Schools Guide Awards
- Best performance by Girls taking English Language at an English Grammar School (Cambridge Int Certificate Level 1/Level 2)
Cambridge Pre-U - an alternative to A levels, with all exams at the end of the two-year course.
State grammar school
Equestrian centre or equestrian team - school has own equestrian centre or an equestrian team.
What The Good Schools Guide says
Since 2015 Miss Annmarie McNaney (50) BA PGCE. Educated in Coventry and at the University of Bristol where she read theology and sociology. Having sworn never to follow her mother’s footsteps into teaching, she nonetheless stayed in Bristol to do a PGCE ‘just to fall back on.’ Bitten hard by the bug the first time she stepped into a classroom and turned down graduate traineeships with the NHS and M&S to take up first teaching post at Backwell School – ‘a fantastic place to cut my teeth’ – where she was promoted to assistant head of sixth form. Joined CGS 20 years ago to the day we visited, as head of sixth form – a job she planned to do ‘for five years’. Promotion to assistant head and then deputy head within the school...
Subscribe now for instant access to school catchment.
The data is based on actual admissions from the schools years September 2012 – August 2015 inclusive. Data from the school year September 2015 – August 2016 will be available in 2017.