Dr Challoner's High School A GSG School
- Dr Challoner's High School
- Head: Mr Roe
- T 01494 763296
- F 01494 766023
- E firstname.lastname@example.org
- W www.challonershigh.com
- A state school for girls aged from 11 to 18.
- Boarding: No
- Local authority: Buckinghamshire
- Pupils: 1,075 ; sixth formers: 320
- Religion: Non-denominational
- Open days: September
- Review: View The Good Schools Guide Review
- Latest Overall effectiveness Outstanding 1
- Outcomes for children and learners Outstanding 1
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment Outstanding 1
- Effectiveness of leadership and management Outstanding 1
- 1 Full inspection 30th May 2012
- Previous Ofsted grade: Good on 12th October 2006
- Ofsted report: View the Ofsted report
What The Good Schools Guide says..
The school is widely praised for its depth of learning - girls here don’t just learn about the subject itself - they drill down deeper, making links with other subjects and doing their own investigations. Budding actors are in for a treat here, with two main school productions performed joint with the boys’ school every year. ‘Normally, one of these is student led,’ says the head. ‘Last year, year 10 wrote Lady of the Flies...'
What the school says...
Dr Challoner's High School 11+ entrance examinations consist of 2 VR tests administered by the LA.
Converted to an academy 2011.
What the parents say...
No comments received for Dr Challoner's High School
Please login to post a comment.
Thank the school
Parents and pupils often have cause to acknowledge the help and support they have received from their schools, for example in helping in the choice of further education or careers. "Say thank you" allows you to send a quick note of appreciation to the school in general or to an individual teacher.
This is a thank you to your school, teacher or careers adviser who helped you to get where you are now.
Please fill in the fields below, which we will transform into a letter of thanks from you to them.
State grammar school
What The Good Schools Guide says
Since September 2015, Alan Roe, previously a member of the senior team at Chesham Grammar School, which he helped towards its outstanding Ofsted rating in 2014. A geographer, he initially taught at the Downs School in west Berkshire, and became head of humanities at Dr Challoner’s Grammar School, where he worked for nine years before joining Chesham Grammar in 2011. Teaches geography to year 11s and mainly sees students by appointment and for informal chats around the school – as well as offering birthday teas to year 10 girls in his office (in small groups).
Fairly reserved and not a man to waste words, he is nonetheless engaging and utterly passionate about the school, particularly its mission going forward. In fact, he kicked off his tenure by working with some parents...
Educational insight in your inbox. Sign up for our popular newsletters.