Sandra Hutchinson, Editor of The Good Schools Guide - Special Educational Needs provides a practical introduction.
Some special needs are easy to spot, others are only determined once a child has experienced considerable difficulties, frustrations or social and emotional problems.
In the years since the first edition of our special needs guide diagnosis of, and provision for SEN have improved but both can still be a minefield. If you are unsure where to start, make this article your first port of call.
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- Swamp or success: your school is being racially profiled
- Students gaining good degrees with 'little or no work', says Which?
- Girls world: what teenage girls want to be when they grow up
- Half of places at top university 'to go to foreign students'
- The battle against Islamism should start in schools
- Teacher recruitment falling short for third straight year
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites