Sandra Hutchinson, Editor of The Good Schools Guide - Special Educational Needs provides a practical introduction.
Some special needs are easy to spot, others are only determined once a child has experienced considerable difficulties, frustrations or social and emotional problems.
In the years since the first edition of our special needs guide diagnosis of, and provision for SEN have improved but both can still be a minefield. If you are unsure where to start, make this article your first port of call.
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- Want to earn money while you study? Consider becoming a tutor
- More lower-income students going to university despite tuition fees
- Minister 'tackling' poor pupil funds
- Statistics watchdog ticks off Morgan
- British, Muslim and want to work in PR? Brace yourself for the bumpy ride
- Primary school pupils 'still hungry'
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites