Sandra Hutchinson, Editor of The Good Schools Guide - Special Educational Needs provides a practical introduction.
Some special needs are easy to spot, others are only determined once a child has experienced considerable difficulties, frustrations or social and emotional problems.
In the years since the first edition of our special needs guide diagnosis of, and provision for SEN have improved but both can still be a minefield. We have a lot of help and advice on this site but if you are unsure where to start, make this article your first port of call.
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- Students: recipes to impress your housemates with
- Missed opportunities: why the new literacy and numeracy strategy is flawed
- Removing the cap on student numbers six questions answered
- Don't overlook your school librarian, they're the unsung heroes of literacy
- University reforms 'will lead to surge in students from EU'
- Cash warning for university expansion
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites