Some special needs are easy to spot, others are only determined once a child has experienced considerable difficulties, frustrations or social and emotional problems.
Provision in UK schools for children with SEN is much improved in the last ten years or so. However, finding the best possible support for your child can still be a minefield. If you are unsure where to start, make this article your first port of call.
Remember that The Good Schools Guide Advice Service has a unique SEN service. Six specialist advisors can work with you to ensure your child grows up in the right educational setting for him or her. Call 0203 286 6824 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. .
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- Ministers order inquiry into Jihadi John's school
- Ann Cotton: educating millions within Africa by inspiring sustainable change
- The Tories are paving the way to load more debt on students
- Forty years on, grammars are
- Secret Teacher: am I paranoid or is my colleague after my job?
- Modern tribes: the grammar pedant
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites