Sandra Hutchinson, Editor of The Good Schools Guide - Special Educational Needs provides a practical introduction.
Some special needs are easy to spot, others are only determined once a child has experienced considerable difficulties, frustrations or social and emotional problems.
In the years since the first edition of our special needs guide diagnosis of, and provision for SEN have improved but both can still be a minefield. If you are unsure where to start, make this article your first port of call.
Register for our Newsletter...
...and receive our FREE expert guide to Tutors!
Education News Feeds
Latest Education News from around the web.
- Thousands of teenagers to visit battlefields of the First World War in new Government scheme
- Teenagers may perform better in lessons if they get a lie-in but teachers are morning people
- KidZania lets children try their hands at being a firefighter, doctor or factory worker for the day
- Education Secretary warns over huge salaries paid to heads
- Gladiators were 'mostly vegetarian'
- Police 'let down' abuse-risk children
The Good Schools Guide is not responsible for the content of external internet sites